Thursday, October 12, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch #243

Today, I have a card to share that I made for
 CAS(E) This Sketch #243 designed by Donna Mikasa:


Here's my card:



I started by using my Tim Holtz woodgrain stencil to create my water,
by applying Hawaiian Shores ink to my Aqua Mist panel.
I diecut the Big Sky cover plate and trimmed along the woodgrain design I created
and adored it to my card.
I stamped the lighthouse from PTI's Guiding Lights onto its coordinating diecut
in Altenew Ruby Red and Jet Black.


I stamped the sentiment (also from Guiding Lights) and the birds
in Altenew Jet Black.

Visit CAS(E) this Sketch to see the rest of the DT's takes on the sketch 
and to play along, if you'd like.
You have until Thursday, October 19th to link up your card.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

SugarGem said...

So LOVE this. That cloud die is really cool. I haven't seen that one before.

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific take on the sketch Leigh, this is delightful!

Veronique said...

I love it! Very good idea to use this stencil to create your water!

Ruth said...

What a brilliant take on the sketch. I love the two tone sea and the clouds, but that lighthouse really does pop! Xx

Nora Noll said...

This is lovely. I think this is my favorite card made by the DT for this sketch this time. The use of that stamp is amazing!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such sweet card Leigh. That bear is darling... great take on the picture!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fantastic card Leigh. Great take on the sketch... love the sponged background, the dry embossed clouds... the light house look wonderful.

Chris Dring said...

Such a clever interpretation of that sketch! What a fabulous card!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is a great design, Leigh! I love the way you used the background clouds for the sketch! Hideko

Kim S said...

What a fabulous background for that gorgeous lighthouse - LOVE your woodgrain waves!