Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Colour Throwdown 426

I'm very excited to be guest designing
 for Colour Throwdown for December and January!

Here's this week's CTD:


I was inspired my the plaid pillows in the photo.
And the deer on the on pillow reminded me that I could use my
new MFT Stamps set Forest Friends.
Here's my card:


I created the plaid panel along the side by stamping 
with several different line stamps from my collection
in Altenew Ruby Red, Moon Rock, Morning Frost and Delicate Golden Glitz.


I stamped the deer on my Forest Friends coordinating diecut
in versafine onyx black and heat embossed it in clear before colouring
it in with some Delicata Golden Glitz ink mixed with water.
I stamped the sentiment from Forest Friends in versamark and heat
embossed it on white on a PTI Mat Stack diecut.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the DT created
for this week's Colour Throwdown Challenge.

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Happy Dance said...

This is so sweet, Leigh. I love how you were inspired by the pillow and used that sweet little deer on this card. It just makes me smile! Have a great day. Bev

Lisa Lara said...

So cute Leigh love how you used the colors.

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh I love your fun plaid paper, cute card!

*Vicki* said...

This is so cute!! Love the plaid edge! :)

Celeste Goff said...

So super sweet! Love that adorable little deer!

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute. I am loving that little deer and the colors you used are fantastic.

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable Leigh!

Lisa H. said...

oh, Leigh! this is too sweet! that deer is adorable.

Miriam Prantner said...

That deer is just so sweet! Love it!