Friday, September 30, 2016

Five For Friday

1. Sage and I had a great time at the Mother/Daughter Retreat last weekend!
As we were running out the door to get there, I suggested that we open
our acceptance email to double check that we had everything that we needed...
Well, there at the bottom of the list of things to bring: eighties-style clothing.
Oops!
Believe it or not, we had nothing that would fit that description in our wardrobes. ;)
We had a great time nonetheless.
It was just so fun hanging out with my best girl...


She got to go horseback riding four times, which she loved!


And, in the spirit of the eighties, we made friendship pins...


...and slap bracelets. :)


Sage asked: "They had slap bracelets in the 80s?!"
Actually she had lots of comments to make about the 80s styles. ;)


2. On Sunday, we decided to go out for supper to A&W (one of our favourites!)
and then to the movie theatre to see The Magnificent Seven. 


As you can probably tell from Jonah's expression, it was excellent!
Chris Pratt and Ethan Hawke -- swoon!


3. So, my new job as Design Consultant at Two30Nine by Decor is going really well.
 This week, I got to go along on a measurement and then I got to design several versions of a basement bar for the clients.
It's really fun!
And I met with some other clients and the designer who's training me --
Sharon, who is awesome -- to discuss a renovation and Sharon had me draw
up the revisions.
I'm seriously loving it!


4.  We're having Sage's birthday party tomorrow.
Our theme is "Paris."
We worked on decorations earlier this week, 
picked up macaroons from the farmer's market last night and 
I'm making cupcakes tonight while Sage goes to a friend's birthday party.
I'll also need to prep the craft.
It should be fun!


5. I have a card to share for this week's ColourQ Challenge #361:


Here's my card:


I stamped my wreath from PTI's Twig Wreath in classic kraft.
I diecut the fox and leaves from Stylized Autumn and stamped them in 
PTI's Terracotta Tile and Altenew's Ocean Waves.


I stamped the sentiments from Colour Pop: Autumn in Altenew Dark Chocolate
(stamped twice with my MISTI) and tied on a Dark Chocolate button with classic kraft twine.

Thanks for looking!
SaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments:

Ruth said...

The 80s were awesome! Found some old photos the other day and was reminded of the hair..... Oh yes! Love your card - such lovely colours work together so well ❤️ Xx

cm said...

Another Friday post that has me beaming with joy! The retreat sounds like a blast; the friendship pins are fantastic...had totally forgotten about those! Movie and dinner out: excellent bonding time (not to mention the eye-candy of watching those two handsome actors). Thrilled you're enjoying your job and learning really cool things. I wonder...will a kitchen reno be in your future *grin* Sage's Paris party sounds fantastic; excited to see pictures. And finally, your little fox: LOVE!!
Hugs~c

Joyce said...

Your card is lovely. Great take on the colors, and I love seeing that adorable stamp set used in a completely different way.

Megan Carroll said...

Great post Leigh! Love your card!

Karen B. said...

Such a beautiful color combination and the fox is so striking!

Audrey Pettit said...

I always enjoy your Friday posts! Love seeing all your fabulous photos and hearing about all the fun you all have gotten up to in the week. SO glad you are enjoying your new job so much! Sounds like a lot of fun, and perfect for your creative talents. LOVE your birthday card, too! That fox is so adorable, and I love how you used the wreath to circle the sentiment!