Monday, September 01, 2014

Sketch for you to try #16


Today I have a card to share for the Reverse Confetti Sketch for You to Try #16: 



And here's my take on the sketch:


I started with some Basic Grey patterned paper and layered it over some cream card stock.
Then, I cut a panel of cream card stock and ran it through my diecutting machine
with my impressing mats to impress the largest tag from Tag Me
I used one of the Circles 'n Scallops Confetti Cuts to die cut some striped BG patterned paper
and layered a circle diecut over top, 
in which I stamped the sweet polkadot pumpkin from Forever Fall.
I masked the sentiment (also from  Forever Fall) with washi tape so I could stamp it in two colours.


  


Be sure to head on over to the Reverse Confetti blog to see
the other designers' takes on the sketch and to play along, if you'd like.

I'm also linking this card up to this week's
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.

Before you go, I just wanted to share a fun contest that 
Paulina Nakamura of Pretty Pink Posh is having on her blog today....


She's announcing a talented new design team member and 
is having a contest where you match the Pretty Pink Posh designers 
to the projects in the photo above. 
The correct guesses will go into a draw to win 
a $50 Pretty Pink Posh gift certificate!
Click here to check out the details and play along.

Did you want a hint as to which one is mine?
It uses my favourite colour. :)

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Leigh, this is fantastic! I obviously need to buy some impressing mats! Love that look!

alexandra s.m. said...

superb! and I love what you did with the tag impression Leigh!
TFS~

Judy said...

Love the cards. Thanks for sharing with us.

Megan Carroll said...

Pretty card! Love the patterned paper you used!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE the impressed die, looks amazing!

robinann17 said...

I love the way the tag is embossed using impression mats! I'm going to have to look into that. Your card is very lovely!

robinann17 said...

I just tried googling to find out about how to use the impressing mats, but can't find directions. Would you please post how to use dies to create this look? Thanks!

I Card Everyone said...

Ditto the above! Love the card, Leigh - every tiny detail - and the BG cardstock? Gorgeous...
=] Michele

Bethany Stellpflug said...

This is adorable Leigh! :D :D I love the colors. Hehe now I think I'm ready for fall, you card totally put me in the mood! :D That little pumpkin is adorable too!

debby4000 said...

What a fabulous card, great design.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

cm said...

Awesome fall card! The impressed tag, the eye-catching papers, the wonderful design and the polka-dot pumpkin...a recipe for amazing!! Love this!
~c