Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cas(e) this Sketch #87 & Tag You're It Challenge #3

Today, two of my favourite challenges are joining forces:
CAS(E) This Sketch & Tag You're It are doing a joint challenge this week.

For this week's challenge, we are encouraged to create a project
that includes a tag (so it can be a tag, card, scrapbooking layout, etc.)
using this CAS(E) This Sketch #87 by Gayatri Murali:


The two sweet little "symbols for boys'  & girls' bathrooms"
(this is what Sage called them! LOL!)
were so cute & reminded me that I had a couple of these in my stash
that were just begging to be used.
Here's what I made:


I used some American Crafts Dear Lizzy patterned paper.

I die cut two of the smallest tag from Reverse Confetti's Tag Me and then trimmed it down
on both sides.
I die cut the Beautiful Banners Confetti Cuts from the patterned paper and
stamped the Beautiful Banners banner and sentiment.
I slipped the metal paper clips (yes, they're paper clips!) through
the holes of the tags and when I went to put my card together, I decided that
I wanted the ends of the tags to stick out the bottom of the banner,
so I die cut two more tags, trimmed them down and cut them in half
and adhered them under the banner.






Visit CAS(E) this Sketch & Tag You're It to see the rest of the DTs' takes 
on the joint challenge and to play along, if you'd like.
And this challenge is a two-week challenge so
you have until Wednesday, August 13th for TYIC & Thursday, August 14th for CTS
to link up your project.

Thanks for looking!

20 comments:

Marybeth said...

What a fun card and adorable people tags, Leigh!

Alanna said...

Your tags on this are so cute.

I Card Everyone said...

So CUTE!! Love those little clips - I could only have something that cute in my stash =/
=] Michele

Lisa Elton said...

Those tall skinny people tags are too fun!!!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! I love those gold paperclips!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't be cuter!!!!

Julia Aston said...

Love the chevron paper and the cute metal clip people!

Diane Jaquay said...

Awesome card, Leigh, I love the chevrons and the cute tags!!

Celeste Goff said...

What a super cute card! I just love the little metal embellishments!

Joni Andaya said...

Aww...what a SWEET card Leigh!!!

Sharron said...

Adorable, Leigh! Love the colors and those cute little people!

Lindsey said...

Super love this. Those "bathroom people" :) are the perfect touch.

~amy~ said...

Such a fun team up!
Love your sweet card!

Chrissy Larson said...

Ha ha ha! I love those "bathroom people". That is too funny. Sage is a stitch! Wonderful card, Leigh!

alexandra s.m. said...

love your card Leigh!

Joyce said...

This is really cute, and I love the little people tags you made.

Tracey McNeely said...

Love the clips, great design Leigh!

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card! Love the double tags and fun clips.

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful design, Leigh! Love your skinny tags!

cm said...

Double tags = double delight! A most inspired - and inspiring - take on the challenge!
~c