Monday, February 10, 2014

Six Valentine Cards

Today, I have six Valentine's Day cards to share.

The first two are ones I made for the Crafty Peeps card kit club.

The kit that Joan sent out this month was lovely! Thanks so much, Joan!


All of these supplies were in the kit, except for the enamel dots. 
I especially loved that large die cut heart!

She sent out a smaller version, too, which I had to include on my second card.


Everything here was from the kit, except for the red button.

I'm also linking these two cards up to

You can see what my friend, Jen Carter, made with the kit here on her blog.

Next up I have four Valentine's Day cards that I made for the four boys
in my Sunday School group.
You might remember that I made them treat bags last week (click!), 
but our children's pastor sent out an email on the weekend saying that she would have Valentine cards 
on hand at church for us to take home to fill out for our kids and bring them back on the 16th to distribute. 
So, I emailed her back and asked if it was okay if I made my own. 
You know, because I like making cards. ;)

Well, for the boys, I decided to stick with the same stamp set that I used on the treat bags, 
but I changed each one up slightly.

where we're challenged to add dimension to our cards.

I used some PTI card stock (white & pure poppy), Echo Park patterned paper and 
Wplus9's Milk & Cookies stamps and dies.
For the Step It Up challenge, I adhered the die cut cookies with dimensional adhesive. 


For the first two cards, I used one of the Mama Elephant Femme Frames.


On this one, I also used my PTI Get A Handle On It die to make 
some banners.

For the last two, I used my Reverse Confetti Tag Me banner die, on which I stamped 
the sentiments in versa mark and heat embossed them in white.


On this one, I used the largest Tag Me tag die to cut my white card stock.
I only ran it through my Big Shot partway & trimmed the sides with my paper trimmer. 


On this last card, I used the same banner die, but I ran it through halfway in my Big Shot,
then pulled out the plates, shifted the die to make the banner longer and ran it through partway again.

The "Happy Valentine's Day" sentiment on these cards is from Reverse Confetti's Crushin' stamp set.

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Kara said...

love the milk and cookies cards!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Leigh :-) all of them are fabulous and it is lovely that you make cards for your kids ,,,I am sure they will love them :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Tracey McNeely said...

Love those milk and cookies cards, perfect for Valentines! Wonderful cards Leigh!

cm said...

Marvelous cards, Leigh. The two from the kit - delightful - and the four for the boys will have them with grins all over their face! Wonderful!
c

Alanna said...

These are all so cute. Love the wooden hearts in the first two and the Wplus9 set you used on the others is just too cute.

Maria said...

Gorgeous cards!
Hugs,
Maria

Joyce said...

These are all so cute. Makes me hungry for Oreos all of a sudden.

Joni Andaya said...

So Adorable! Love the seeing you use the milk and cookies set. Fabulous cards Leigh!

Nora Noll said...

These are adorable!! I LOVE all the cards but the milk and cookies cards are just too cute!!

Jennifer said...

Very sweet! Love the milk and cookies ones and how you changed them up style wise. Very cute.

Happy Dance said...

You've been a very busy crafter Leigh! What wonderful cards. Love all the milk and cookie cards, and do love those hearts on your first two. Always love seeing what you make. Bev

Tracy said...

milk & cookies cards = cuteness. really Leigh I love them all. Been eyeing that set myself. You're makin it hard to resist.