Friday, October 18, 2013

"Suntime"

Welcome to my Friday post, where I share a project that I've designed for 

Today, I have a layout to share that I made using stamps from several different sets:
 Subway Series: Summer, You Said It, Sister & Breath of Fresh Flair
and Sketch #106 from Inspired Blueprints.

 
Here's my layout:


I decided to use some Echo Park patterned paper for my background, but wanted to add some stamping and inking to it. I stamped the polka dots from You Said It, Sister below my photo and then layered a title that I cut on my Silhouette over top, using dimensional adhesive.

 
To create a sunburst on my background, I used some post-it notes
and added some ink using a blending tool.
 
Using a masking technique, I stamped some of the words from the beach themed sentiment from Subway Series: Summer.
I stamped off the teal one a second time, slightly off from the first time,
to add a bit of a drop shadow.
 
To finish off my frame, I stamped the bird image from Breath of Fresh Flair and fussy cut out two of the birds.
I love this little detail, because the photos of Jonah and Sage perched on the back of the couch
remind me of birds perched on a wire.


Here's a close-up of my journaling:


Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your layout! I always love to see stamping incorporated in layouts.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful layout! Love how bright it is and the great title too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Leigh, what great subtle shots of the kids! Suntime...heartwarming.

Happy Dance said...

Amazing layout, Leigh. I've been working on a scrapbook for several days now; it's a Christmas gift to some of the grandkiddies. Love the colors you've chosen. That little frame reminds me of a slide frame. Very sweet page, and one I'm sure the kids will always treasure. Bev

Kara said...

so pretty! i can feel the sun on their backs! i love that feeling!

Kelly Griglione said...

Nice job with masking the sun rays!!

Chrissy Larson said...

AMAZING! I so need to get scrapping again. You totally inspire me to attempt to get caught up. ;)

Linda Nicholson said...

Simply perfect! I LOVE how you naked the sun's rays...just a wonderful little detail!

Linda