Friday, August 30, 2013

WMS August Pyjama Party


I'm playing along again with the WMS Pyjama Party today and have two cards to share.

My first card is for Challenge #3, which is a colour inspiration challenge to use these colours on your project:


I decided to use my new 2 Step Sprig stamp set for this challenge.


I stamped the flowers and leaves onto some PTI rustic white card stock and added a sentiment from WMS's Compact Sentiments stamp set. I added a little twine and layered it over a piece of MME patterned paper.




My second card is also for Challenge #3 (but I substituted aqua mist for the royal blue colour-- I hope that's okay!) It's also for Challenge #4, which was to use your oldest stamps. My oldest stamps are Fillable Frames #9 from Papertrey Ink, which I used on the card, along with its matching die. My oldest WMS stamp set is Woodgrain, which I also used-- I heat embossed it in white on the aqua mist cardstock background.


I also included a stamp from Compact Sentiments and a stamped feather from Fine Feathers.

(I'm also linking up these cards to this week's Simons Says Challenge: Anything Goes.)

Thanks for looking!



14 comments:

Kara said...

those flowers are so pretty!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both are beautiful, I love the two step sprig and and the feather--swoon! Have a great long weekend Leigh!

Alanna said...

These are both so pretty. And I adore that large woodgrain print.

Michelle said...

Great cards. Both of them! So fresh. Love them!

Renee said...

Leigh I'm so happy you got to play along with us again...
and I love both of these beauties!!
Those blooms are gorgeous...
and the patterned paper you choose is perfect!
And that fabulous woodgrain background...
with the feather...
love it! :)

Miriam Prantner said...

So oretty! That hear embossed woodgrain is wonderful!

Jean Martin said...

Leigh!!!! I saw your cards on Papercrafts Magazine!!!! They made me smile!!!! These are awesome toooo!!!! Fabulous work! :)

Nancy Penir said...

2 lovely cards, Leigh. Beautiful stamping on the blossoms (nothing new!), and love the embossed woodgrain!

Julia Aston said...

I love your flowers and the beautiful paper you used behind them - great colors too! and the colored wood grain looks awesome on your 2nd creation - so glad you made it to the WMS Pajama party!

Laura Sterckx said...

Wow! I love both cards! I absolutely love the bold flowers on the first card! The red and blue really makes the card pop! And the background on the second card is just gorgeous! The feather also looks super fun! :)

Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge! :)

Joan B said...

Gorgeous work, as always

Kate said...

Two sweet cards.

Unknown said...

Gosh those flowers are beautiful Leigh and the wee red tipped feather, such a neat detail!! LOve these, thank you so much for playing along with our pj party and good luck in the challenges!

Geri said...

Aqua and red are always a favorite for me, but that first color combo is gorgeous and elegant!!! Two great cards!