Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sublime Citrus



Welcome to Day 2 of the peeks for the newest release for Fresh Squeezed Stamps!

There are some great new sets being released this week and today, I'm sharing a card that I made using the new set called Sublime Citrus.

Here it is...


I had a lot of fun making this one! To start, I stamped my pitcher and glass with ice cubes images onto vellum using Versamark and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. Then, after fussy cutting them out, I took a Q-Tip dipped in yellow ink and coloured on the vellum to make my lemonade. I stamped two sentiments from Sublime Citrus stamp set, as well as the lemon wedge image and impressed the cardstock using a woodgrain impression plate. I adhered my stamped vellum images to the diecut cardstock and layered this over some patterned paper and cardstock.

Isn't it sweet? I just love all the white and yellow-- so crisp and fresh!

So, you'll want to head to the Fresh Squeezed Stamps blog for more inspiration from the other DT members using Sublime Citrus. There on the blog you will see the full stamp set AND have a chance to enter for your chance at the giveaway of this set!

I'm also linking this card to this week's Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Summer Food &/or Drink.

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Renee said...

I love it!
The lemonade in the glass and pitcher look awesome!
Fabulously adorable! :)

Virginia L. said...

It's absolutely SUPERB, Leigh! You really capture the delightful feel of lemonade with the vellum! ADORE this!

Tracey McNeely said...

Leigh you really rocked the vellum here! Your glasses and pitcher really look like they have lemonade in them. Great design.

Miriam Prantner said...

More vellum goodness! Love it and love the woodgrain embossing!

Karen Letchworth said...

Great texture and really a sweet card. I'd LOVE to have you share with us in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday if you are able. We're always Anything Goes, and your art would be so perfect for our challenges. I hope you will stop by to say hello.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

craftmates said...

What a fun card. So perfect for summer- Irma