Thursday, January 10, 2013

Using leftovers

Yesterday, I was making a layout and used my Silhouette Portrait to cut out a word (look for that layout next week... along with some exciting news! Hee!) I noticed that I was left with a lovely negative image from the word and decided that it was too pretty to toss. So, I used it to make a another card for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Repeats & Rainbows.

Again, I chose my rainbow colour scheme based on the patterned paper I was using and discovered that this colour scheme worked perfectly.... as is this time!


I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper and PTI cardstock (stamper's select white). I stamped my rainbow colours with one of the stamps from my new Funky Floral stamp set.


I diecut the end of my "colour" panel with PTI's tag sale 5 and added a little zigzag stitching to finish is off, along with some MME enamel dots.

Thanks for looking!

11 comments:

@JoyceCasaldi said...

That's fabulous Leigh!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very pretty Leigh! Love the colors!

Joyce said...

So pretty. And, you are recycling, too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Very pretty leftovers Leigh! Love that sentiment.

Kara said...

gorgeous Leigh!

carol (krillsister) said...

A beautiful card from leftovers. Nice job.

Suzanne Russell said...

Great job with leftovers! The zigzag stitching is a great finishing touch. I love to see one more project appear when I think all I have left are scraps. Happy weekend!

Luanne said...

What a totally fun card! Love how you mixed up stamps and dies.

Tara Elias said...

Pretty!

Taheerah said...

This is gorgeous Leigh! You totally worked that colour palette to your advantage!

Cindy Lee said...

Love this card and I can't wait for your happy news!