Saturday, September 01, 2012

Happy Anniversary PWP!

I can't believe that Pages with Papertrey is a year old! This past year has just flown by! I've really enjoyed posting scrapbooking challenges for my PTI forum friends and have appreciated their participation!

Okay, that was a lot of exclamation points....

So, here's Challenge #13 for PWP: create a layout without using purchased patterned paper.

This is a particularly difficult challenge for me, because I love using patterned paper (& have a large stash to prove it!) However, I've found that it's quite difficult to find purple patterned paper that I like and Sage has a few purple shirts that she likes to wear.... so for this layout, it was easier for me to stamp my own patterned paper for my layout.


I used Bazzill cardstock (kraft, white), Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, true black), stamps (on the farm, stitches & swirls, framed out #1), twine and dies (tag sale #5, script alphabet, framed out #1).

Here are a couple of close-ups:



So, if you create a layout for this month's challenge, please leave a comment here with the link or here on the PTI forum, because I'd love to see what you make!

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Deb said...

Ack, I can't believe that it has been a whole year! Wow the time has flown by. Love your creation of patterned paper, Leigh. Looking forward to working with this challenge. Trust me when I say that I have big plans to get caught up.

Karen C. said...

Love all the colour co-ordination with Sage's purple top!! Her sweet picture really 'pops' against the stamped background.

craftmates said...

Beautiful layout Leigh! lovely job on your patterns. Sweet photos of Sage. - irma

Kara said...

great page! lucky girl...i've always wanted to ride a horse:)

Barbara said...

Lovely page Leigh

Elizabeth said...

I love the design of this one Leigh!!
e.