Sunday, June 24, 2012

Just one more...


The other day, one of the little girls at taekwondo asked if I would make her a birthday card. I asked when her birthday was and she said April. I suggested, if she didn't want to wait that long, then maybe I could make her a happy summer card instead. I decided to use another one of my friend, Susan's, stamp sets, as well as this week's this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: bordered sentiments.

I asked her what her favourite colours were and she said pink & purple. Did I mention that she's eight? ;)



I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (lemon zest, hibiscus burst, rustic white), stamps (think big favourites #16, sweet as can be, distressed stripes) and dies (script alphabet).

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

pamela said...

The script letters are a little hard to use.. but you did such a great job with it :)

samantha's cards said...

I love this. I don't own this set (yet), but i need to after seeing this. great card.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Grin, summer perfection.

Wida said...

Totally cute!!

Cecilie said...

Too cute - both the card and the story about the little girl.

LEG Studios said...

This card is so pretty and summery, Leigh. I love it! I love your script title & how you bordered your sentiment with the distressed stripes. What 8 year old wouldn't just love that card!?