Friday, June 29, 2012

Five for Friday

1. Today is the last day of school for my kids! Let summer begin! LOL!

2. We're thinking of putting a deck in our backyard and getting a patio set to go with it. We looked at this set at Walmart on Tuesday evening, but will be waiting for it to go on sale.

I did pick these up, though, in anticipation of eating outside:


Aren't they pretty? I also picked up a new water glass:


Look! It's got bicycles on it! I ♥ bikes!

3. I got an email earlier this week, informing me that I'm going to be a cover girl! That's right! One of my cards that was requested for publication in Papercrafts' Holiday Cards & More: Volume 7 is going to be on the cover!

4. I also got an email from Diana Opiela recently, asking if she could repost this blog post on her online magazine: Weekly Scrapper. Here's the link.

5. Yesterday was my mom's birthday. We're going to take her out for lunch today and bring her her gift. Here's the card I made for her, using this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Step It Up: Embellishments.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, aqua mist), stamps (on the links) and dies (clouds). I also used My Mind's Eye and Echo Park patterned paper and SU! pearls.

I stamped the little golf cart in Versamark and then heat embossed it with white. I then stamped the wheels again and heat embossed them with black. I cut out the wheels and adhered them over the white ones. Then I cut out the whole cart and added some pearls for hubcaps.

For the clouds, I diecut the cloud die from a post it note and used the negative as a mask. I dipped my finger in PTI Fresh Snow ink and rubbed it in circles several times to ink the clouds on the aqua mist cardstock.

Well, I think that's it for me...
Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Elena said...

I don't even know where to start :). Pretty dishes, like the bike cup, LOVE the cover girl news, and your card is all kinds of cute!

IamDerby said...

I am so NOT into golf and yet I LOVE this card! The pearl as a golf ball is perfect!!

Kara said...

So many congratulations to you! A cover girl, start of summer, your blog post on the weekly scrapper!! Love those dishes too!

Alyssa S said...

WooHoo! Congrats on the cover spot!! Isn't that just the best email to get?? Is this your first cover?
Great card and super cute plates too! :o)

Anonymous said...

Summer is finally upon us :) Love your new dishes and hoping you can get your hands on that patio set! Congrats on being a cover girl!!! Have a great long weekend, Leigh and family!

Karen C. said...

Congratulations on the fun happenings for you!! Looks like a great start to your summer vacation! Cute card .. love the stitching along the curved papers. It really adds a nice detail.

Terri said...

Great card! I bet your mom will love it. Congratulations on being a cover girl too! I look forward to seeing your card. Cute plates and cups too! Enjoy your summer with the kids.

Anita Rex said...

Such a cute card! And so love those plates! :> Congrats on the cover, that is soooo exciting!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that you've been chosen as a "cover girl"! You deserve it! I love the birthday card -- especially the pearl golf ball. :)

Twin Brother said...

I don't see the limbs that should be under the golf cart! :)

Jean said...

Congratulations on your card being chosen as a cover feature for Papercrafts!!!

Kim Heggins said...

Leigh, congratulations...so much to be proud of! Your card is just too cute, it is a card my mom would love too, just fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through PTI - congratulations on the Papercrafts cover! Can't believe that wasn't #1 on your list of updates!

Krista