Saturday, March 31, 2012

Six for Saturday: the Spring Break edition

1. We've been enjoying a great Spring Break this week! On Saturday, Austin & Sage participated in a curling tournament with their schools. (& can you believe I didn't take any photos?? It was busy in the morning and I couldn't get close to the windows to take any. I figured, I'd taken some later on that day..... but I never went back! It was rainy, so Cameron offered to take them for me--- and I forgot to send the camera along. Ooops!)

On Sunday, after church, Sage & I attended a sparring workshop in Manitou, which was great! I thought I'd just help out with reffing if they needed help, but I ended up suiting up and participating in all of the drills. Hard work, for sure!

Then, in the evening, Cameron & I went to volleyball at my church, which was so much fun! Everyone is so accepting and encouraging and we laugh a lot!

2. On Monday, we went through all of the kids' summer clothes to try them on and see what would fit. I was pleased this only took until lunch! After lunch, Jonah & I jumped on the trampoline for a bit and I got this cool shot:


In the evening, we were invited to join the Manitou club for taekwondo... what a great experience to see how another club trains!

3. Tuesday was a great "stay-at-home" kind of day. I love these kind of days! :)

4. On Wednesday, we drove to Winnipeg to do a little shopping (I ♥ Old Navy!), where I found some things for the kids & a sweater on the clearance rack for me. :) We went to my mom's for the rest of the day (& she took us out to Applebee's for supper.) We spent the night there....


On Thursday, we hung out at my mom's and did a little more shopping before coming home.

5. On Friday, we took the kids to Brandon for the Royal Winter Fair. It was a first for all of us and everyone had a great time! Here are a few photos I took:


And a few more highlights.....


The kids enjoyed walking around the Trade Show, a magic act starring Sean Watson, some acrobats from the Circle du Soleil, a SuperDogs show, horseback riding, a petting zoo, more horseback riding and watching a Jumping competition in the evening. A very full day....

6.  And lastly, I did squeeze in some crafting time this week...... I made some Easter cards based on a card by the amazing Betsy Veldman in the last issue of Papercrafts Magazine. As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to make a bunch of them to give away to friends & family for Easter. I used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: computer generated sentiments on diecuts.


I used Papertrey Ink cardstock (stamper's select white, aqua mist), stamps (distressed stripes) & dies (mega mat stack #4, clouds). My sentiment is computer generated, using one of my favourite fonts: BlackJack and I used some Martha Stewart glitter on the clouds. Thanks for the inspiration, Betsy!

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Elena said...

That card is amazing - I already cased it too :) love all the pics you shared!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great week with the kids! So fun!
Love your card. It is by far one of my most favorites! Just beautiful!

Luanne said...

Your kids are adorable! Love your card too...!

carolanne said...

I love your card! The layout is very creative!

carolanne said...

I love your card! The layout is very creative!

Unknown said...

AMAZING!! Leigh I love this card. This is going in my to make file for sure.

Kathy Mc said...

What a fun week, Leigh, and your card is beautiful. Also love the sentiment ~ perfect!

Lindsey said...

Love love LOVE this card! I wish I was sending these out to all of my family and friends, too! :)