Wednesday, March 14, 2012

literally

I just love Sage's vocabulary! When she learns a new word, she tends to use it a lot. Lately, the word is "literally." And I'm amazed that each time she uses it, it's in the proper context! So, I decided to make a layout to document this.

I also knew that I couldn't let the back of the beautiful sheet of patterned paper that I used for this layout go to waste, so I decided to make another layout on the back. This was tricky, because I'd stitched on the front of the layout. So I created a panel with white cardstock, to which I adhered my patterned paper and photo, then stitched on my machine, before adhering it to the background patterned paper.

I also used this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Coloured Kissing.


I used PTI cardstock (soft stone), stamps (beautiful butterflies, bb:retro) & dies (pinking border, beautiful butterflies, block alphabet). I also used My Mind's Eye patterned paper & decorative brads.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Marybeth said...

I literally love this card! Love that paper.

carol (krillsister) said...

Love it when kids use big words! Great layout. The woodgrain background is perfect.

Mayol said...

What a sweet layout! Great page, literally! :) love those MME pps too.

Brianna Byman said...

This is a great page. I see these wooden pages everywhere, are I don't know how to use them!

Cassi said...

I love your page and really hope my PTI release order arrives soon -- I cannot wait to play with these butterflies they are just gorgeous.

"Literally" makes me think of Rob Lowe's character on Parks & Rec -- he loves to say it and has a funny way of saying it too.

Lauren said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Everytime I see one of your layouts you make me want to go scrapbook something. Hopefully one day I'll get off my butt and actually DO IT! ;)

Deb said...

I agree with Cassi about the word, Literally." It is the first thing that came to my mine, too.

I love how Sage is using it correctly and how you've made it a point to remember that. Love how you capture the everyday with your pages. Beautifully done LO and that MIM technique, you nailed it!

Joyce said...

Such a great layout. Literally!

Anonymous said...

Stunning layout, Leigh!!!

Suzanne Russell said...

The natural rustic feel of this layout is just beautiful! thanks for always inspiring!