Sunday, January 08, 2012

Good stuff

Sage just makes me smile.

She is always doing something cute or sweet or unique and it thrills me to no end when I can capture it on film! These are the things I want to remember. This is one of the reasons I scrapbook.

I scrapbooked this photo of her from last fall. Cameron and I had been working on painting our house when all of a sudden, while Cameron was taking a short break to answer a phone call, she comes out of the house with a magazine and perchs herself up on our scaffolding to read it! Too cute!

Here's the layout:

I made this layout using the recap of all the Make It Mondays from the last year. This one is for MIM #5: distressing edges.
I used PTI cardstock (rustic cream, canyon clay), felt and dies (layerz mat stack #4, flower fusion #3). The brown cardstock is Bazzill, the patterned paper is Simple Stories and the decorative brads are My Mind's Eye.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Deb said...

Love this!! Such sweet memories! Our children will be so thankful. I was just looking at my daughter's baby album and I am so thankful she will have this to share with her family when she is older.

Great job with all of the MIMs

Margaret M said...

Leigh your pages have inspired me to get back to scrapbooking! I love the elements you use on your pages and the stories each page tells. What a treasure for your children!

Joyce said...

Great page. You are inspiring me as well. I'm thinking perhaps I could do a couple of layouts this year. Just thinking....Of course, that means I will need to start taking (and printing) pictures!

Marybeth said...

The picture of your daughter reading is so adorable and the fact that you captured it is wonderful! Your page layout is beautiful , I have to say your daughter steals the show in this one though! :) You're a good mom, it will be so nice that she has this to look back on.

Jen Adcock said...

Aww. What a wonderful layout. Love the photo. I am totally gushing. Your papges are so very special. I am always so moved by your projects.

Tracey McNeely said...

Another fabulous layout Leigh. What a great photo.

Anne Krashel said...

Hey Leigh, I just love your blog. I check it regularly, just lazy with the comments. lol
You always, always inspire me! Thank you.