Thursday, November 24, 2011

MIM #42 -- attempt #2

Happy Thankgiving to all of my American friends & family!

I made another Christmas card for this week's Make It Monday at Papertrey Ink: Layered Background with Sentiment Stamps. I had made some one layer cards to sell and on this one, I hadn't been happy when I'd stamped the dove. So I decided to redeem it by diecutting the dove with felt and adding some extra sentiments to the background, as well as some patterned paper.


I used PTI cardstock (rustic white, spring moss), stamps (peace be still, think big favourites #9) and die (peace be still). The patterned paper is Authentique and the little pearl is SU!.

Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Cibele Glazer said...

I love your paper! This card is just beautiful with your color choices!

Joyce said...

This is a beautiful card. Love the colors, and that red felt dove really stands out.

Linda Suarez said...

Beautiful! You just made me regret selling my Peace Be Still dies. Kudos!!

Deb said...

Leigh, this card is great! I have never thought of diecutting a red dove before. Beautiful job with the challenge. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well!

Mayol said...

Great colors! And i love how the felt dove pops out. Don't you just love it when by "redeeming" or "covering up" a mistake just makes the card/scrapbook page even look better? :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Elena said...

Wow! I love the bright red dove - gorgeous!

Gayatri said...

Me too I love the bright red dove and your card is refreshing, Leigh!
Love it!

Julie said...

I love the effect you've created. Great card!

Suzanne Russell said...

I like this one, too! The red dove is such a great embellishment!

Suzie said...

Love your card! The touch of felt is so pretty.